Welcome to the Marine Case Management System
The Marine Case Management System is provided by the Marine Management Organisation. We licence, regulate and plan marine activities in the seas around England and Wales so that they're carried out in a sustainable way.
MMO is an executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs, Department of Energy and Climate Change, Department for Transport, and Department for Communities and Local Government.
Services available to the public
You don't need to register or log in to use these services.
- Search the marine licence public register to:
- Make a representation on an application open for public consultation
- Review and download applications and licences
- Review and download licence notifications, disposal returns and monitoring reports
- Review and download compliance information
- Submit an enquiry to the MMO
Services available to registered users
You can register an account to use these services.
- Submit a marine licence application or wildlife licence application
- Manage your marine licence to submit:
- Variation requests
- Start of works notifications
- Disposal returns
- Monitoring reports
- Submit a request for advice for:
For help when using MCMS, please use this guide.
For information on marine planning please use the MMO's Marine Information System and interactive map for England.
If you would like to make an appeal against a licence, call 0300 123 1032.
If you have a question about your application or the licensing process, call 0191 376 2791. This service is available from 9am to 5pm from Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4.30pm on Fridays, excluding public holidays.
If you have technical issues registering for MCMS or using the system, call 0191 376 2660. This service is available from 8.30am to 5pm from Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.